Hello everybody, today we have a set of charts for you. These are the results of a survey conducted in a seminar by Petra Bauer. In addition, the students in this seminar had to write a blog instead of a term paper to pass it. Here a the results of the survey, including an english translation:
1. The integration of digital tools in group work in the seminar
- I liked it (blue)
- Not too bad (red)
- Did not like it at all (orange)
2. Using Etherpad for collecting ideas
- helped our group to brainstorm and to find topics
- did not provide any additional help
3. I find writing a blog instead of a term paper to be
- good (blue)
- I can get to like it (red)
- I do not like it (orange)
4. Setting up the blog was
5. Please describe in short: Which competences did you acquire or deepen when working with the blog?
- None that I am aware of
- Digital communication, include topics in every day life, develop another mindset
- Scientific work, handling with modern media
- Scientific work
- Teamwork, creating aesthetically pleasing designs
- Being confronted with different forms of web content like Tumblr, WordPress etc.
- The open form of the task and the obligation of the student to solve it independently, improves the students’ ability to conduct a meaningful and structured research. Furthermore the blog provides an opportunity to work creatively. To many students, creating a blog and writing a questionary is a complete novelty.
6. I have the following suggestions for the lecturer regarding team work with digital tools
- I would like not writing a blog
- Introduction to blogging, dos and don’ts of handling digital media
- Define a timeframe and extent, which means how many blog posts or in which cadence and how long
- Maybe a short introduction into WordPress
7. General feedback
- I think it is good, that you test new methods in your lectures. Although, they are not the right ones for me.
- Nice idea with the blog, at least something different.
- I am not convinced why blogging should be a meaningful alternative to a term paper.